How did a small retail store become America's Largest Independent Ceiling Fan Store?
Who we are - "Small but Mighty"
One of the few ceiling fan specialty stores in the U.S., we have been called "Small, but Mighty" (see side bar). We have focused on ceiling fans as a niche since the mid 1980's, had one of the first ceiling fan websites, and became a successful destination store drawing customers throughout Southern California.
- Over 200 premium working fans on display,
- Salesmen who stand second to none in their knowledge of ceiling fans,
- A large on-hand inventory with online access to thousands of fans from top manufacturers,
- A complete Design Your Own Fan section of the store,
- A fully certified Ceiling Fan Service Department, and
- Unrivaled Customer Service.
Emerson Fan Company said that of the few ceiling fan specialty stores in the U.S The Trading Post outsells them all:
- There arc millions of ceiling fans throughout America that move air, provide light and make a significant fashion statement for a homes decor. Yet only a handful of specialty stores deal exclusively with ceiling fans.
- Russ Klingel, director of sales at Emerson Fan Company. a high-end manufacturer that produced its lint ceiling fan in 1895. estimated there are perhaps 20 such stores in the United States. The one that outsells them all is the .year-old Trading Post Fan Company in Huntington Beach.
Casablanca Fan Company noted we were their number-one store and the largest single ceiling fan store in the country:
- Meanwhile, Casablanca had become a premier ceil-ing fan company and consistently cited the Trading Post Fan Company as its number-one store. Likewise, they had become the largest single-store retailer of ceil-ing fans in the country.
Director of Sales for Hunter Fan Company said we were a dominanforce in Southern California:
- "Trading Post Fan Company only carves our Prestige products. We're very excited to have them as a dealer because they are such a dominant force in the ceiling fan business in Southern California," said Bill O'Connor.
"Makers of superior quality ceiling fans hold the Trading Post Fan Company in high regard because although it has only one location, it has sold more fans than any other fan specialty store in America. Its staff has a reputation among better quality fan manufacturers for knowing as much about the products as the manufacturers, according to officials from several fan companies."
Each of us at The Trading Post knows and loves ceiling fans, and the desire to share that love has spurred the success we have achieved over the years.
What Top Brands Have Said About Us:
Honest, product knowledge, in-tune with consumer concerns, valuable resource for Brand
Russ Klingel, Director of Sales for Emerson Fans:
"We love dealing with the Trading Post Fan Company because from a reputation standpoint, it doesn't get any better,"Klingel said. "They tell the truth - they're very honest when it comes to saying why they recommend one fan over another. I can't think of a better company when it comes to product knowledge in its sales staff. They're more in tune with day-to-day consumer concerns than the manufacturers are. They're a valuable resource for a company like Emerson."
Fans require specialized knowledge, Staff knows fans, Staff asks then recommends best for customer
Martin Shepherd, National Sales Manager for Minka Aire, said the Trading Post Fan Company is a treasure for manufacturers and consumers alike:
"Fans are really quite a specialized subject, and the staff there knows them inside and out. They'll ask customers the right questions to determine what they need, and ultimately recommend the best product for the customer's particular environment. It's a winning situation for everyone."
Knowledgeable staff, Valuable feed-back to brand
Casablanca's Vice President of Marketing, John Pearson:
"We have a very special relationship with them." said John Pearson, vice president of marketing. "The feedback we get from them on our products is invaluable." "They've supported us from the very beginning," said Pearson. "They are very knowledgeable about our product, and that has helped put us on top.
Well-trained, know the features and benefits of each product
Bill O'Connor, Director of Sales for Hunter Fan Company:
"Their employees are very well trained and able to tell customers about the features and benefits of our products, making them a perfect partner for a premium product like Prestige."
After sale support of both customer and product
Fanimation National Sales Manager, Tom Underwood:
"The Trading Post Fan Company has been an important dealer for us because they support the product and the customer after the sale, which is part of the philosophy Fanimation subscribes to in the course of doing business."
Largest display in the region, Customizable fans, Has fan accessories including controls
Fanimation Dealer Spotlight:
Trading Post Fan Company, which has been in business for 38 years, has the largest fan display in the region—more than 200 fans for customers to see! At Trading Post Fan Company, customers don't just buy a fan, they can design a fan, too. Their Customizable Design Center offers unique colors, blades and styles to choose from—along with various remote and wall control features.
One of the broadest selections in North America, one of the most knowledgeable sales staffs anywhere
Monte Carlo Director of Sales, Tom Gray:
He considers the Trading Post Fan Company a vital part of the Southern California ceiling fan scene because it has "one of the broadest selections in North America and one of the most knowledgeable sales staffs anywhere."
What makes us special?
Our core values were developed early and remain with us to this day.
- Always keep a deep selection of fans as the driving force of the store
- Ensure sales staff can provide thorough and honest info on our fans
- Always have a large stock of inventory on hand and more available online
- Only sell fans by top quality manufacturers
- Maintain a wide selection of accessories for fans
- Pricing must always be competitive
- Take care of customers whether purchasing a fan or finding issues years later.
- Keep returns easy and at no cost
- Maintain a certified Ceiling Fan Service Center
- Keep the buying process enjoyable